Thursday 27 December 2012

Tribute to an inspiration.

 
As I am sure many of you are aware, the creator of children's classics Stingray and Thunderbirds, Gerry Anderson passed away yesterday. I remember as a kid watching the reruns of the great shows that were Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, UFO and Space 1999 that in-thrilled my morning TV escapades. In fact I still watch those great shows and all of a sudden I'm 5 years old again being amazed with what I saw and wondering how International Rescue were gonna save the day and whether Troy Tempest would ever get the courage to admit his feelings to Marina. 

The shows fueled my creative imagination from those early stages in my life and I thank the brilliant mind behind them all and to him I say...FAB!   

No comments:

Post a Comment